Who qualifies for transportation
Students living within 2 miles of the high school or middle schools will not receive transportation unless there is a special need. Students living within 1.5 miles of the elementary schools will not receive transportation with the same exceptions for special needs. This is in accordance with school board policy and the PA School Code.
If your child does not qualify for transportation, “NOBUS” or “WALK” will be displayed for your address.
If your child misses the bus, we will not send the bus to your stop again unless circumstances are out of our control. Please be sure to review the following guidelines:
- Students should be waiting at their assigned bus stop at least 5 minutes before their scheduled stop time.
- Students must get on and off the bus at their designated stop. If a student exits the bus at a stop to which they are not assigned, disciplinary action may be taken. This policy is in place to protect students, parents and our school district.
- Parents or guardians of kindergarten students must be at the bus stop to receive their child.
- Be courteous and friendly to the driver at all times, recognizing his/her authority while on the bus.
- There is a 10 foot danger zone around the school bus. If your child must cross a street, they should cross in front of the bus and at least 10 feet away in order to be visible to the driver.
- Children must remain seated at all times and keep head, hands and arms inside the bus.
- Fighting, profanity and vandalism will not be tolerated.
- The bus driver is authorized to assign seats.
During times of inclement weather where the School District of Lancaster is closed, NO students will be transported to ANY school. Safety for our students is our first priority, so traffic and weather delays may occur. Please wait at least 15 minutes after the scheduled stop time before calling to inquire about your child’s bus.
Questions? We can help!
If you have a question or concern about a bus stop, please contact the district Transportation Department at 717-945-1440 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please do not call the district office for information about a bus location or when your bus will arrive. Stop times are estimated and may vary due to driving conditions. We respectfully ask for your patience.
If you have a question or concern about bus arrival times or driver issues, please contact our bus supervisors at 717-871-6293 or 717-291-2105. The School District of Lancaster contracts with Shultz Transportation for student transportation.